Wednesday 26 June 2019

Letter to the I: Royal Unaccountability


I was frustrated and not a little bit infuriated by Roger Hennah’s dismissive response to the taxpayer cost of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s new home.  Trying to erase this waste of taxpayers’ money by raising another is frankly not an adequate answer to the issue of the Royals being unaccountable.  I must thank the editors of this paper who allowed the publishing of a letter critical of the Royal Family.  The first time I wrote a letter in to this paper criticising its editorial line on the Royals, I was emailed back with a very patronising denial.  Hopefully this paper can step away from the self-censorship that other papers practice in their reporting of the Royals.

Regards

Zachary Barker
Bristol

No comments:

Post a Comment