Monday 19 June 2017

Letter to the I: Class Letter

I am of the opinion that recently the raising of the issue of class is all too often done to score cheap political points.  Recently David Lammy MP alluded in a TV interview to "middle class viewers" not understanding issues around the recent fire at Grenfell Tower.  In fact class lines are blurred thanks to both the working and middle classes experiencing similar challenges in our stagnating economy, such as stagnating wages and spiralling living costs.  I myself hail from the middle class and yet I have experienced the indignity of having to move out of a poorly maintained rental accommodation for health issues directly exacerbated by my living environment.  Citing class is only productive if it promotes empowerment in place of divisiveness.

Regards


Zachary Barker  

No comments:

Post a Comment