Tuesday 27 June 2017

Letter to the i: Politics Letter

With regards to JS Chance's letter concerning Jeremy Corbyn being invited to Glastonbury, for the most part I share their concerns.  While I do not think it is right that a "single political ideology" was represented at the festival, I do support efforts to bring political discussion to the mainstream.  I feel my countrymen have a way of talking about politics like it is something to be embarrassed about.  On the contrary it is something to be embraced and explored.  However I fear that the hysterical hero worship around Corbyn is giving too much credence to personalities and vague principles.  What we really need to be passionate about discussing is policy ideas, an area in which fresh thinking is desperately needed.

Regards


Zachary Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment